Saturday, August 20, 2011

Brad Ausmus

Mailed on 7/12/11 and received 2/2 back on 8/20/11. One of my all-time favorites, Mr. Ausmus was amazing behind the dish with the Astros pitching staff when they were really good. It didn't matter if he never got a hit, he was so valuable with his defense and baseball smarts at the most important position in baseball (I'm a pitcher but I know how important a good catcher is!) He has always been a great signer in person and TTM. He is now working with the Padres and I hope he will soon have a managing position in the MLB. Cards were mailed to the Padres.

2 comments:

Kitty The Dog's Blog said...

Where did you send the cards? Petco? I sent him a card when he played for the Astros and got it back right away.

As an aside, and I hesitate to admit this: when I was voting in the presidential election in 2008, I was disenchanted with both candidates. So I wrote in Brad Ausmus (degree in government from Dartmouth) for President, and Mark Loretta (degree in business from Northwestern) for VP. I thought they could do just as well or better than the choices we were given.

nolongerposting said...

Hahaha thats a great story. That's two smart guys, it would have been a first in politics!

As for the cards yes I mailed to PETCO. I'm not totally sure what his role is with the team but I assume he is around. He has always been a great signer so I'm sure if you send to him they will find their way back.