Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Matt Thornton

Mailed on 6/26/09 and received 2/2 on 7/14/09.  Matt is one of the best lefty set-up men in the league and I love to watch him pitch.  He throws upper 90's and can control it very well.  When he is rolling he is unstoppable.  But Matt did swap a card out on me.  I sent a 07-08 Upper Deck card and a 06-07 refractor card.  The refractor was really nice and it was going to look great with an autograph on it.  But Mr. Thornton needed it for his collection so he kept that one and gave me an 06-07 Topps card.  The thing is I already have a signed copy of this card that I sent him last season.  Oh well both cards still look nice.  This one came back in a USPS envelope thing because the original envelope was torn up.  Its kind of weird that it got torn up since the White Sox are a in state request for me.  Cards are in good shape still though so its fine.  Cards were mailed to the White Sox.

No comments: