Friday, July 1, 2011

Some Steals!

I usually don't post things that I buy on the internet or at card stores but I couldn't resist posting these cards up. I made a stop the a card store that is about 20 minutes from my house and they had some new signed cards that someone came in and sold them. I was excited to see some big name guys and Blackhawks players as well. The best part of all of this was that the cards were $1 each! The cards passed my eye authenticity test and the owner said the guy who sold these to them was a long time collector who went to 40-50 games a year. Very excited with what I got and I can't wait to go back and get more of them
Cristian Guzman, Vernon Wells, and Michael Bourn. Vernon Wells was an elite player just a few years ago. I also like the Astros so I was excited to add Michael Bourn to my collection. Cristian Guzman just kind of jumped out at me, veteran player who I didn't have an autograph of.
Carlos Lee and Josh Johnson. Carlos Lee is a very tough signer so I was pumped to see his card up for a buck. I used to go to lots of Astros games and even went to Spring Training twice and only managed to get one Carlos Lee autograph in all that time. Josh Johnson is my favorite card that I bought today, he is a stud as long as he can stay healthy. I love good young pitching and he is as good as it gets. I probably would have paid $10 for his signed card so I'm pretty pumped I got it.
Patrick Sharp and Dave Bolland. These were my two favorite of the couple signed Hawks cards they had at the store. There was also a Brouwer (ex-Hawk now), Bickell, and another Bolland. Sitting at home now I wish I would have bought them all but I'll be back to the store soon. The Bolland signature is one of the most detailed signatures of his I've seen, I love it. The early Patrick Sharp card is sweet and no doubt worth a dollar.

I always try to support small card stores over buying cards on ebay or any other website. Its always fun to go in and see what gems you can find. I certainly got a nice deal with these and I'm glad I could spend a few bucks at a local business. I'll definitely be back for more soon!

5 comments:

Justin McLeod said...

Nice Johnson auto! And on an RC, to boot!

Also, I have a bunch of recent cards of pretty reliable TTM signers. Justin Masterson is the first that comes to mind, but there are probably 10-20 in there. I'd be happy to send them to you if you'd like...

nolongerposting said...

Yeah that'd be great, email me at lanceberkman7217@yahoo.com and we can work something out

Jake said...

I dont get it. How do they get those base set cards signed?

nolongerposting said...

@Jake: I'm not exactly sure what you are asking haha. The cards were obtained by a collector who went to a lot of games a year and sold off some of his collection.

Jake said...

haha. I was justr asking how they those base cards were signed. I knew they couldnt of been pulled from a hobby box but you just answered my question. Thats cool that they are such low prices. Keep up the great work!