Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Edinson Volquez

Mailed on 7/21/09 and received 2/2 back on 8/5/09.  Great return from one of the best young arms in the game.  Edinson is going to have Tommy John surgery and is going to be out of baseball for roughly 12 months.  Its to bad to see such a talented young stud to have such serious arm problems.  It was just last season Edinson was in the Cy Young discussion.  Due to the great medical treatment these days many pitchers come back stronger then before from Tommy John surgery and hopefully Edinson is able to return to the form he is capable of.  I'm very happy that he signed both of my cards for me.  Both of the cards look awesome due to the great signing surface on both cards.  

Also note worthy, I received a very frustrating return today, I got a plastic bag which contained a damaged and empty envelope from Canada.  Written on the envelope was "received without contents"  and the plastic bag had some stupid apology from the postal service.  The envelope its to badly damaged, it just looks like someone torn open half of the envelope and took my cards out.  I've received envelope in much worse shape then this one so I assume someone out there is enjoying my cards.  But just to top off the whole thing, the person who wrote, "received without contents" on the envelope noticed the stamp on the envelope wasn't postmarked so they scribbled the stamp out in pen, making it so I can't use the stamp again.  haha wow really??  Tough break I guess these kind of things will happen.  

No comments: