Saturday, February 5, 2011

Show and Tell: Quality of Signatures

I got both of these when I was able to hound the Blackhawks in 2008. Nikolai Khabibulin has one of the most detailed and interesting signatures in the NHL. He takes his time signing even when he is signing for a lot of people. I was only able to get him once though, he was usually very tough to get. He knew all the backdoors and tricky routes to dodge the hounds. He was very nice the time I was able to get him though. Now compare the quality of Khabibulin's signature to the Jonathan Toews card I received on the same day. Jonny was in a hurry when he signed this one, the saddest part is that its on about a $20 rookie card. Its great of him to sign but I always get a kick out of this card when I see it. I think every autograph I've gotten from Mr. Toews has been very different. Some guys take their time some don't, but hey an autograph is an autograph. Feel free to share some of your good or bad stories concerning autograph quality.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Chris drury usually takes his time and so does Lundy only caly and staal get a lil sloppy for nyr. Good job with khaby because his auto is tough to get.