Monday, December 20, 2010

Josh Hamilton

Mailed on 11/5/10 and received 1/1 back on 12/20/10. One of the best stories in sports in a long time, Mr. Hamilton is living proof that it is never too late to turn your life around. He is one of the most talented athletes in sports today and has been able to show that in the last few years. The last two baseball returns I've received have been the league MVP's (Joey Votto-NL, Josh Hamilton-AL) Its awesome that these superstars are still willing to take the time and sign. I know some of you may wonder, "Why did you send a baseball request in November?" Good question, Josh has always been a pretty good signer but I've noticed it usually takes a long time to do his mail but he gets it all done. I was in a writing mood at the time so I sent it to the Rangers hoping for it sometime in the distant future. To my surprise it came back quickly. Awesome return overall. Card was mailed to the Rangers.

3 comments:

Justin McLeod said...

I think he waits until after the season to sign. Good to see you back

PhilogBlogger said...

Hamilton is a great success story. Definitely great to see someone overcome addiction and rise to the caliber athlete he is today. A one-month turn-around on your card is really fast. I just sent out my first TTM a few weeks back...Dirk Nowitzki.

nolongerposting said...

Yes he is truly an inspiring story. To be so far gone and come back to be one of the best in baseball is amazing. Glad to see you are getting into the hobby, I got a success from Dirk a while back and he is one of the best in the NBA.